View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #48 (permalink)
bluestyle55
Premium Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z B 6M
bluestyle55 is a glorious beacon of lightbluestyle55 is a glorious beacon of lightbluestyle55 is a glorious beacon of lightbluestyle55 is a glorious beacon of lightbluestyle55 is a glorious beacon of lightbluestyle55 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
Hey guys, I just got my ERZ HFCs installed this morning. The exhaust note sounds good but there's a rattle. Sounds like it's coming from the front near the exhaust manifold. You can hear it when you're outside the car or with the window open. It's not as noticeable when the windows are closed. All the flanges fit fine and bolts are tightened properly. Bluestyle, is that what you describe as hiss and rasp? I would describe what I hear as a rattle. It's getting annoying. Anyone else notice this?
Na dude, the rattle is not normal. I would define the 370z 'rasp' tone that meny people remark about as a way to describe a somewhat harsher sounding exhaust note. The rasp occurs during hard pulls at open throttle.

Did you install this your self or did a shop do it? Do you have a CBE or is it still stock?