View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #1010 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtangclan View Post
Yes it was a right turn. What i dont get is that it doesn't cut during the turn, but right after the turn when the front tires are now straight. Weird.

Regardless congrats on your progress, it was my first track day last week and i think i caught the bug lol. It led me to read all 67 pages of your journal in a week. Lots of motivation now. Great work!
I love to hear that! Congrats on a safe and fun first event

When you make a hard right turn the fuel system loses the ability to pick up fuel in the tank... it takes a moment for the fuel in the lines to empty into the motor, but eventually you will lose throttle response... happens the same way for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtangclan View Post
Travis,

Have you ever recorded your times with and w/o VDC?
Not really... I remember using it a few times when I first tracked the car out of curiosity... wanted to see how aggressively it would cut in... it wasn't as bad as some cars I've driven (corvette), but it definitely slowed me coming out of certain corners

Considering you are not in a position to be driving for lap times yet, I recommend you follow the directions of your club / instructors, which is probably to leave it on... there will be opportunities for you later to try running without it... autocross is a great, safe way to learn how to drive without VDC, for example
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*

Last edited by travisjb; 05-29-2010 at 03:49 PM.
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote