View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi 5 View Post
When I was looking at NAGTROC doing some browsing on how to get 500 whp out of a GTR (don't own one, just curious). Guys were talking about as long as you do upgrades past any of the sensors, ie: O2 sensors, that what can they (the dealership) really say as far as warranty goes, you haven't modified anything to affect how the stock engine and ecu operate. Sure the ecu is gonna adjust to the increased air flow in the exhaust but it is still using the stock parameters that Nissan programmed. Another thing to do is talk to the service manager at your dealership, ask if they have a problem with your dad puting a mid-pipe and exhaust on the car or the brakes that were brought up earlier. I have read where the midpipe makes a world of difference in the car so just another mod option. Just my two pennies.

anything past the 02 sensors is gonna give you more like a little over 500 HP at the crank... midpipe and exhaust are good for like 25hp on average without a tune... but your right they have no bearing really on anything to do with the ECU or engine as the boost is electronically controlled... now you get less back pressure so you might get a little more boost and slightly quicker spool but i mean even in stock form. each GTR is gonna vary a little and its not going to factor in as far as waranty...

as for warranty.. here in the US the dealership doesnt have the power to accept or deny big item warranty claims on a GTR.. if you have a transmission or engine issue they get someone from the GTR team involved to pull your information and make the final decision... if you are a GTR owner and your loical dealership gives you BS about installing a simple midpipe just go to another one that will work with you.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote