View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #143 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toner123 View Post
hey stormcrow just wanted to let you know me and sam were talking about you the other day. I was looking in the market for exhaust and I was telling him about the noise you were having with the greddy so thats why I decided to go with the HKS. i like the sound of it and think it looks pretty cool.

So now my build is consisted of
GTM stage 2 Twin Turbo(turn key)
GTM competition oil cooler
2.5 Test pipes
2.5 HKS exhaust

Every thing bought and paid for just waiting for it to get to my door so me and my buddy's can install it. So my HP goal is about the same as yours. I am looking for 500rwhp because I agree with you anything more for the street and random track visits is pure waste. Thanks again for the post and sharing your build since it had a huge influence on mine
Frank
No problem, Frank. Glad you could learn a bit and that I could help. I look forward to your thread with your final build and results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
You are correct with your stats, but I think you will get to 500 easier with 3"
No reason for 3" for 500whp on a DJ on the 3.7l motor. Actually, if you go with internal wastegates (which I did) you can have issue with boost creep/spikes on larger exhaust. I'm not sure if Frank went with external wastegates or not and would not have issue if so...but, he will still be fine with his goals on 2.5" exhaust. Maybe a little more wear on the compressors over time, but not much.

Now if you "massage" the downpipe(s) into 1" there may be issues.