View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #65 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicobra1 View Post
Semtex, I discovered today while installing the longer studs, that the rear wheel has larger cut-outs in the back. Your pics show the front wheel, and for some reason the fronts don't have as large of an opening as the rears. It looks like the the spacer you had with the studs installed would work for the rears, just curious if you tried them on the rear ???
I was not aware of that. No, I didn't try the rears. The first wheel I tried was the front driver's side, and as soon as I ran into the issue with the cutouts, I packed everything back up. Thing is -- I wouldn't want to space out the rears without also spacing out the fronts. I'd want to keep the same proportions between front and back, if you know what I mean. I might actually re-order those spacers and just have my mechanic grind out the cutouts of the fronts as he had originally suggested. I mean, I've done so much other stuff to my car by now that it just doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. Thx for letting me know about the rear cutouts!
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote