View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #85 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by simons View Post
I spoke to a dude from Z1 motorsports via email and he said they are no longer offering Aeroquip socketless hoses because they had someone with a hose blown off and it caused an engine failure. Now I don't know the details such as how he had them attached, whether it be zip ties or worm clamps. But who makes a good oil cooler kit whose hoses won't blow off or cause a leak? It seems like there are quite a few failures on this forum.

What company can you trust? I don't want an engine failure and I'm sure nobody else does as well.
i purchased the gtm competion one. I know some people had issues with gtm's hoses blowing out but if i remeber correctly gtm pulled them off the market and got better hoses. So for as trust wise, I have full trust in SAM at GTM. He is a great guy and doesn't try to sell you stuff you don't need, and also tells you what he honestly thinks. I know the one guy that had the gtm oil cooler in his car that ruptured the hose, GTM paid for the Tow, gave him the money back for the Oil, and I think offered him new hoses. IMO thats a stand up company that cares about customer satisfaction.
Frank
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote