Thread: NISMO nose?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 02:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward just going for the Sport.

It's just difficult - by the time I buy an exhaust, tower brace, and shocks/springs, I'll be up at the cost of the Nismo - and I still won't have wheels with the proper offset (*(@# Nissan). Dropping two grand to replace the Sport wheels just to get the look the way it should have been in the first place is just depressing.

The parts I'd get aftermarket - Ti exhaust to save weight, and coilovers - will probably be better than the Nismo parts - but still, it's a pain in the butt. I just have a feeling that if I get the Nismo, I'll have to be too careful driving it on our crappy roads. I think the short overhang on the regular Z allows a great compromise between looks and ability to handle driveways and dips, while the Nismo nose is just too long and low, unless you live in suburbia or are at the track.

Well, I've got until June to go around in circles, unless I just bite the bullet and go with a Sport. I wish I could drive them both...
imag is offline   Reply With Quote