View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidw View Post
Hey Mike,

I want to get my calipers powder coated in red with a slight metallic flake, like the second set down on your 1st post, with the same Akebono logo. Perhaps a little darker, like a candy apple red.

My Z is my 2nd car so I can have the car on jack stands for a little while. Removing and replacing the breaks, however, is a little beyond my comfort level. I suppose I could take it to a shop but then I would have to store the car there until the breaks come back.

Should I just try one of the G2 brake caliper paint kits? If so, is there a way to get a logo on the calipers? If I try that and don’t like it, will it then be more difficult to powered coat them?

Thanks for your help Mike.

David
Its fairly easy to remove and store them. I can send you 4 silicone plugs that you put in the brake lines to keep them from leaking while the calipers are off. The only tricky part is bleeding them after reinstalling, and thats not even tricky, just intimidating.

If you do G2, you probably won't be happy with it, especially on a caliper as smooth as these and painting with a brush.

Mightybobo, I am pretty much off of my break. It never really turned out to be a complete break, just a slowdown that I used to train a new employee to help me with the workload.

and by the way, while the group buy never went down, I will do that price for any premium the370z.com member.