View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tresfr
Base Member

Drives: Black 370Z
Tresfr is on a distinguished road
Default A few tips

Marco:

These cars have many aluminium parts and will bend way before they break. I had the exact same thing happen to my 05 Steeda Mustang GT. The best chance to have a car that is still true is to call your insurance company and when they give you a list of body shops focus on an arguement of how new the vehicle is and the lack of technical expetise a body shop would have on such a new design. Usually if you complain enough they will have one or two Nissan Dealers that if they feel inclined will be in there system and they will allow you to take it there and they will pay for the damages.

The next step is to contact the person at the dealer who will be in charge of the project. If you get to know him he will substitute the factory parts ( For example the new factory exhaust system for quality aftermarket and put a brand new stillen exhaust on the car). I had modified my Steeda with Custom wheels and exhaust as well as special springs with custom spring rates and since the factory parts were as much or more than aftermarket they ordered the aftermarket parts for me so my car was exactly the same. The dealer is the only one that is going to replace every bent or slightly imperfect part but they will only go the extra mile if you establish a relationship with the person in charge of your project.

Sorry to hear what happened but you will need to execute your plan to perfection to get the car back in like new condition. It can be done if the person uses the when in doubt switch it out method of vehicle repair which is what is needed in such a sophisticated sports car with so many weight saving materiels

Good luck,
Mark
Tresfr is offline   Reply With Quote