View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname View Post
If someone doesn't have a shock sensor. The thieves only need a few extra sockets and the locks are off. They hammer the socket onto the lock lug.
In reality, every security measure can be ineffective if the thief is really determined. But each measure can make it more difficult.

For example, I know people who've had things stolen out of their car merely because the doors weren't locked, whereas my car with locked doors was parked right next to them but left alone. Had a thief wanted badly enough, a broken window would've done the trick. But just locking the doors deterred a petty thief one night.

Studies have shown that noisy car alarms are largely ignored by the public. They don't come running to see what's happening or call for help if it's someone else's car.

I think one should layer their approach... Wheel locks, a shock sensor, locked doors, well-lit parking space right next to the house... But even then, if a thief times his event carefully enough, he can still get what he wants.

People are just scum-asses in general. Sorry this happened to Jeff.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote