View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #64 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
The spacers are a no-go.

I installed one on the front driver's side. I was even taking pictures every step of the way so that I could provide step-by-step instructions. Then when I went to mount the wheel back on, lo and behold, it wouldn't go in all the way. If you look at the second and third picture below, you will see that the way these are designed, the stock wheel studs stick out a bit. Now, this normally isn't a problem, because the nubs just go into the spaces/slots in between the holes on the back of the wheel (see fourth pic). Well guess what? Those slots in between the holes aren't cut low enough. The nubs from the stock wheel studs can't clear them! Take a close look at the last picture. To figure out what was going on, I laid the wheel down flat on the ground, then placed a spacer on top. The spacer's wheel studs are in through the holes of the wheel. The holes you see in the picture are where the nubs of the stock wheel studs would go through. You can see through the holes that they're about halfway blocked by the bottoms of the slots. Way to go, Nissan!
Semtex, I discovered today while installing the longer studs, that the rear wheel has larger cut-outs in the back. Your pics show the front wheel, and for some reason the fronts don't have as large of an opening as the rears. It looks like the the spacer you had with the studs installed would work for the rears, just curious if you tried them on the rear ???
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote