View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z JT View Post
On deceleration, is there any crackling,burbling, popping noises?
I don't think it does (I'm still on stock airbox and stock cat) but if I rev it (stand still) to the red real quick, I hear popping noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
How far is Akuma from you, AK? I'm sure if you told them you run the largest 370Z community they might give you a deal on a few dyno runs.
haha.. I know. I gotta stop by. I know he is Cobb Accessport dealer. He did a GREAT job on Daishi's car. I think I'm strongly thinking about COBB. Are you getting tuned as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniac24 View Post
Looks and sounds good! Now put some Eibachs on that bad boy!
Thanks. Living in East Coast suck . I would love to put some lowering springs on but I'll scrape everywhere (not that I don't do that now on stock springs ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
Nice review, Is it just me or does your exhaust sound totally different in the videos comepared to ilive2win. Was his with the HFCs installeD?
Are you saying mine sounds more exotic? Just kidding. It's probably camera. I used GoPRO HD where Lou uses camcorder (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Chewing 33 View Post
bought it today
That's awesome man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COD4 View Post
received it yesterday and had it installed today ... sick sick sick im in love.. HFC next
dude, wait till you put on some miles. It gets even more exotic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Wow, that's a very well designed exhaust and the sound is tuned just right. Looks like everyone beat me to telling you "it's about time."
Thanks man. Yeah was way overdue and I'm very happy with the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z JT View Post
Anyone have an opinion on HKS VS ARK GRIP. They look very similar in design. $1,700 VS $1,200 price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Vach View Post
I was going for ARK at first but i end up with HKS....Look similar but different qulity and HKS is way more shinny. U can c the diffence very easy.
It's much more cleaner. Quality and sound is much better (at least judging by the sound, HKS is much more fuller/slightly louder). Check out one of member's ARK thread: ARK exhaust install and review . Also, ARK Burnt tips aren't titanium and don't have the finish quality of the HKS (also non adjustable). IIRC, ARK is Korean manufacturer where HKS is pure JDM. I have been HKS fan.

I put on few more hundreds on miles on the exhaust. Sound is getting better as the exhaust burning in. It's slightly quieter now during cruising but becomes alive with an exotic sound the second you step on it!

Now, with any CBE (cat back exhaust), you lose a little low end tq. This is normal with any CBE, intake, HFC, headers etc. I felt that I lost some as well. So, I'm thinking about looking into COBB Accessport. I have only heard great things. Our member Red370 gaining quite some low end tq he lost from his I/E/H mods. Also last week Daishi gained some amazing low end numbers via COBB . I'm still researching what I want to do (and reading up on COBB). I can't do HFC since the sound is perfect right now. Best of both world. I am thinking about G3 but not quite sure (maybe G3+exhaust then tune?).
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote