View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93rsa View Post
Are Nissan brake lines that bad? I've run track events for 20 years including PCA and HSR racing. With the exception of my 944 turbo GT3S they all ran stock brake lines.

The braided lines are very good lines but most pro teams that run them change the lines out every season. The steel braids can wear the inner line if the braids become damaged. You may or may not see this happening. Hence the preemptive maintenance.
Yes, the stock lines are fine. Most people upgrade to braided lines for increased pedal stiffness, but I really don't think the difference is measurable.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote