View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khtso View Post
I didn't get the sports package.

Here's why:
1) I personally think the rear spoiler ruins the lines of the car
2) I live in LA where the front spoiler would have been destroyed in a week. Hell, the underside of the nose of my car is scratched up daily.
3) I like the design of the 18 inch wheels better, plus there'd be an increased cost to replacing tires, which I tend to do frequently
4) LSD - that i do miss, but if i wanted to would just buy that aftermarket
5) bigger brakes won't do much on the streets. plus the base brakes are quite good as is
6) synchro revmatch. a cool thing, for sure, but it's the first run of the first car to ever get it. i don't want to have to worry about it breaking in the future. more electronics means more that can break.

Overall, I think the sport package is a terrific deal for the price, but to me, I figured it wasn't worth it and the extra money just covered the sales tax. Would I like some of those features, sure, but not enough.
You can't afford the LSD is my take, the 18" wheels suck, bigger brakes not better on the streets? Huh? SRM is one little sensor, cheap fix if it ever breaks, which is unlikely.