View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
SkyZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z PG M6
SkyZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arnaldo View Post
I'm off today, so I just took a nice, long look out of my window to admire her "natural" beauty! BTW, did you guys know that the U.S. is trying to go like the rest of the world? You know, kilometers 'stead of miles, centimeters 'stead of inches, "Day/Month/Year"
'stead of "Month/Day/Year", Centigrade 'stead of Farenheit, etc.?? Aha. Next time you travel abroad, take a look at the lower right-hand part of Form 6059B ("Customs Declaration Form"); you'll see the date format has changed! Down here, they're already
measuring distances in "km" (i.e. in road signs), not miles---though the weather people still tell temperatures in "Farenheit", and most people speak about "miles" and not kilometers. So I went ahead & took a Metric System course, just in case! So, one of these days, a
Canadian may say about our posts..."Just wanted to point out that he's a USC, so nobody starts tripping about the 75 degrees"...
hahaha i didnt know but imo metric just makes more sense. why divide by 12 when you can take off and add decimals to convert between stuff?