View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #645 (permalink)
jmlenz
Track Member

Drives: a car
jmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond repute

wow I just noticed this...bummer. Hopefully this is just a fluke on Mikes bumper. Looks kinda deformed under the headlight, can't imagine Stillen wouldn't notice this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
You can clearly see it in the first pic of Mike's car wposted above. So, yeah, you will have the same issue. Especially in the Florida sun. Mine on the 350Z did it during sun exposure but only during the summer time when the temps were really high out. At night it would go back to normal...that is...until...it stayed that way. Out of the blue, one day, the bubble never went back down. I sold it right away.

Yup, that's it. Unmistakable if you know what you are looking for. Hate to see this on a new product, but it's seemingly a byproduct of the material that it is made from. One thing I can't figure though - why does this only happen to Stillen bumpers? Never had the problem with any other urethane bumpers, even OEM.
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote