View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Some where along the line i have messed up because i have angel hair or very very very fine scratches. Then again my car is daily driven and i cant protect from every thing. And alot of them was there before i recieved the car also.

If i were to purchase a porter cable what is the best for a novice?
Something simple and easy and hard to mess up and preferably cheap.
Simple, cheap and easy does NOT include the Porter-Cable. That's what OTC products are for. I can still get you easy, but cheap is relative to how much money you make a year. To me, the cost involved in making my car bling is minimal for the return I get. The fact that I sometimes walk around my car in the garage looking at it all times of the day and night means that it is very appealing to my eyes. A lot of that has to do with the shine.

Now if you want to know how simple the initial correction process is, watch these videos. The tiny micro-scratches that you will pick up here and there AFTER the initial paint correction can be resolved with the Fine Machine Polish that you'll see me talking about in the videos. That polish is very light and you can use it with the Porter-Cable until the cows come home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I was watching the adams videos and they used a drill with a pad.
That pad kit also comes with the necessary attachments to attch those pads to the PC. That is the way I use my 4" pads.