View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #641 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Yeah, Its very durable for sure and thats one of the things I need with the car being as low as it is. I was planning on having a radiator in the side vents rather than brake ducts. That's why I wanted air to flow out the fender well, not so much to get air to the brakes.

Hmm, I don't like that bubbling up issue at all if thats really the case. My car spends time under the florida sun and I can't have that happen...Maybe Mike can chime in when he sees this.

Yeah go take a look at it in person and let us know what you think. I haven't seen it in person either. Sometimes I really like it, other angles not as much. Its the functional aspect that tips the scales in its favor for me. So I'd appreciate an honest opinion about it in person. Gonna go ask in the ZdayZ thread too.
You can clearly see it in the first pic of Mike's car posted above. So, yeah, you will have the same issue. Especially in the Florida sun. Mine on the 350Z did it during sun exposure but only during the summer time when the temps were really high out. At night it would go back to normal...that is...until...it stayed that way. Out of the blue, one day, the bubble never went back down. I sold it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZ View Post
Stormcrow, I definitely see the bubble, or deflection, now.

Just right under the left headlight here: STILLEN 370Z Supercharger System - Announcement!!!
Yup, that's it. Unmistakable if you know what you are looking for. Hate to see this on a new product, but it's seemingly a byproduct of the material that it is made from. One thing I can't figure though - why does this only happen to Stillen bumpers? Never had the problem with any other urethane bumpers, even OEM.
stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote