View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Windex_
Track Member

Drives: LOW N SLOW!
Windex_ will become famous soon enoughWindex_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabarivas View Post
You will have no problems modding your Z if you choose to get it... but what are your aspirations for the car? do you drag it a lot? do you track it?

If you are in it for the 1/4 mile - then sure get a Z and mod the crap out of it... but if all you are looking for is a track day / autoX car - the base Z is plenty capable w/ a few odds and ends settled. I would recommend you go test drive one and make sure its for you - its going to be a LOT less smooth than your IS
What I am hoping for is to have a very well rounded car. I LOVE canyon racing but, at the same time, drag racing gives me a rush that isn't that easy to come by, especially when it becomes nothing more than a drivers race. I have already test driven a 370Z (it was a vert). I was dying laughing the whole time cause I had a russian guy about 6'6-6'7 squeezed in the car trying to tell me the features. He kept emphasizing the added leg room and how he was comfortable when he looked as if he couldn't breath. Ultimately, I am looking for a versatile car, one that can be functional in both a straight line and on a track. I am willing to deal with the harsher ride because I am looking for a sportier feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
with a 100shot it only got 12.6? well you will love the 370 then, its super moddable and tunable
There are no tunes available for the current line up of lexus. I just couldn't get enough fuel into the engine to really get it to make a difference. It was a bat outta hell in the 1/8th but then it died out once you would get into 4th.
I currently have to my knowledge and the knowledge of club lexus the fastest 60ft whether on street or drag tires.

Last edited by Windex_; 05-25-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Windex_ is offline   Reply With Quote