View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gunzero
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z
Gunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond reputeGunzero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Z View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same dad that bought you the car? How can you get pissed at him or the situation when your dad was just trying to be nice and wash your car that he payed for?
That's true ;') but he knows not to use those brushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
What type of applicator did you use? Did you use circular motions? Every thing went smooth?

I ask because I think I may want to try what you did.
Hey man! I just used a foam applicator pad. After going over an area and there are still scratches left. I went in and used the microfiber applicator pad to spot treat it. Doing this by hand needs a lot of patience. You can do one panel a day, but it's all worth it.

Anyways, Let's just say the swirls were freaking embarrassing.. So much so that I kept dirt on the car to cover it up haha. Now it's shiny and swirl free for the most part. There are still stray scratches, but that's because I got lazy.
If you want to try this by hand I would suggest Meguire's #105 for faster and better results