View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
SE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z/STI/EVO X/IS-F
SE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of light

Someone PM'ed me about a post I made regarding the same thing. Here's what I said:

I only mentioned the whole SPC/SPL thing in that thread because SPC was having issues with their front control arms, specifically with the ABS system. I have a few friends with 350Z's and they all had some type of issue with the front arms. I've personally used SPL on a few of my cars and the build quality and construction is top-notch.

Honestly I haven't run the SPC rear kit on my car before, so my preferences are purely based on opinion. Specifically comparing the 370Z SPL to the SPC rear arms, the SPL units look to be better in construction. I don't like the threaded arm design on the SPC units, and the SPL ones are pretty beefy.

I'm also not sure if SPC still uses the OEM-style rubber/polyurethane bushings, but SPL has always used race quality heim joints/rod ends in their products. The OEM-style poly is better for daily/streetability. The metal design of the SPL units makes them more suitable for race. The only bad thing about the SPL design is that the bearings aren't sealed and usually this attracts more dirt/grime that could be worked into the actually bearing. I believe the SPC ones retain a rubber covering to keep dirt out. I didn't mind though and ran my SPL arms on the street anyways. A lot of Formula D and time attack guys run SPL if it's available.

Bottom line is it all comes down to preference. I'd stick with SPL because of my past experience with them and my bad experience with SPC, but if you're just looking to lower your car and track occassionally, SPC will do the job just fine.
SE is offline   Reply With Quote