View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
epod86
Base Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT BK M5
epod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
I have an iPhone 3g 16gb working in mine. Had to buy a 'Griffin Firewire to USB Charge Converter' to address the charging issue (even tho when it's plugged and showing me the charging screen, the phone still says it won't charge and would I like to switch to airplane mode - go figure!
That's an authentication chip issue. The "Made for iPhone" sticker on some accessories basically has a chip in it that says there won't be interference and it's passed Apples approval process. It's a jip and a joke for the most part. So the 'not made/airplane mode' will always happen on the iphone, but shouldn't on a touch or other ipod. Apple is going to town with these chips. Now the headphones have them.
epod86 is offline   Reply With Quote