Thread: 370z names
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #146 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergnthwirker View Post
Naming things. H'mm. Seems to me I remember a Bob Hope clip from the Johnny Carson Show. He's talking to Jayne Mansfield, admiring her legs. She says, "I like them so well I give them each names" Bob says, "Oh yeah? What do you call 'em?" Jayne says, "Well I name the right one 'Christmas' and the left one 'Easter'"

Bob says... "Remind me sometime and I'll drop in between the holidays!"

--
Had a few cars that earned names. An early 1959 Mercedes we named "Hilda". A 1964 Volvo 1800 that became "Trundlewort" A 1963 Alfa Giulietta that became "Jewel". A 1984 Prelude that became "Maytag." A turbocharged 1994 Miata that became "Bandersnatch". A 1963 Porsche 356B coupe that we called "That piece of sh*t." A 1992 Audi S4 sedan that became "Big Red" or "Red Sled". A 2005 RX-8 that became "Hummmmm." A 2001 Mercedes 320SLK that became "Silkie" and a 2001 Audi TT 225 that we called "Ttroll." A 2001 Audi S4 Avant that we call "S'Avant"

So far the Z has not earned a name. It's the Zee. Maybe after we hit 10,000 miles something will come to us.
lol reminds me of a B.B. King story. I'm paraphrasing, but it had to do with a woman who got "BB" tattooed on her rump, one "B" on each cheek. B.B. looked at it and said, "That's nice. But who's Bob?"

I call my Z "Chiana" or "Pip" amongst my friends. I'm a nerd, and it's a Farscape reference. So sue me.

At work, I refer to the Z as "the Beast".
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote