View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #261 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
So my camera also has the crappy whiteout issue. It also recently started flickering like the connection might be loose.

I didn't install the camera (local shop did), but when I had all the panels off I thought I noticed that they had the camera connected through a composite (yellow) connection to another cable. Does that sound right?

If I'm going to go through the effort of looking into this problem, I'd rather just go ahead and replace the camera myself. If I do this, am I going to need to rerun all of the wiring? Or is there some way I could connect into the current setup?
Chances are, you'll have to rewire. I have a Kenwood CMOS300 to install and it has power, ground and purple reverse wire plus the yellow RCA that hooks to the head unit. Since I have a nav unit, The purple wire isn't used, that come from the HU, but you'll definitely have to wire the hot and ground wires.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote