View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
^^^ Very nice project -- looks great! How has it worked out for you? Dyno? Driveability quirks?

Oh. what size filters do you use?

So no screen or vanes before the MAF sensor? Not even further ahead at the airbox opening? That makes life easier.

Varying the ID from 2.33" is definitely going to affect fuel trims and possibly also tip-in drivebility without tuning.

The wider tubing past the MAF sensor probably doesn't matter all that much as everything's clocked accoring to the diameter just before the MAF.
Thanks...Works great. I design for driveability, not dyno numbers.
No screening at all. Seems this particular Hitachi sensor works well without. The same MAF was in my '08 corvette with no screens either.

Custom MAF is now at 2.39" and fuel trims at about -2% which is way closer than stock.

I'm sure the bigger tubing past the MAF has a plenum effect.

On A MAP sensor that islow mentioned, i'm curious about that statement. It's not in the intake tract that I have seen. Typical on turbo cars. N/A cars that use them do so to balance out variances in Barometric pressure IMO..it may be somewhere.

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote