View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
tru_Asiatik
Track Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MT
tru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP!!!! Service engine light came on

so after 1 week having the car and driving it around in short distances i finally decided to take her on a longer drive so today was my first time putting gas on her(2nd if you count the dealers) i was down to 1/4(**fyi i did about 260mi or son on 3/4) anywho
i put chevron 91 octane
drove her thru LA stop and go traffic for 60 mi

i got to my destination
it was a great and awesome drive

so now heres the problem ok so abou an hour or so i decided to move the car to a better parking spot

first thing i notice as soon as i started the car the range indicator was flashing with a warning on it for about 2-3 seconds like its telling me i need gas(it was showing 340+mi to go) next thing you know i notice the service engine light was on....i was like wtf

i went thru the manual to see if i can find anything
the only thing i could find is that if the fuel cap is loose i could set it off
and it says just retighten it and after a few trips it should go away
i drove back home hich is another 60 mi withe the service engine light on it never went away

anyone else experience this? should i worry and take it to the dealer?

Stillen G3 CAI*Stillen CBE*Berk's HFC*Eibach Prokit*Hotchkis Sways*ichiba 15/20mm spacers*? Oil cooler*Stillen Pulley*Stillen Headers
tru_Asiatik is offline   Reply With Quote