View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #578 (permalink)
s.storm
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Manual-Black
s.storm is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I just finalized my spring problem with Nissan here in Sweden. They have been very helpful in resolving my problem, with the help of inputs from this forum.

After having replaced the original factory mounted springs with the new part number as per the United States TSB, I noticed after about a week that there was no difference in operation. They still failed to pop open the rear hatch properly.

Using the pictures from Vipors album( Nissan 370Z Forum - vipor's Album: Rear Hatch Springs ), I contacted Nissan again with the new part number as per the invoice picture. My local Nissan dealer found the same part number in the Nissan Spare parts system, and ordered them. Please note: The springs are not intended for the 370Z, according to the dealer, but were ordered any way. Also, no TSB for this problem has been issued yet in Europe.

Today I changed out the springs to the non-official/extra long version, and they work perfectly. Please note that the rubber packing from the original springs must be used to enable the 1/4 turning of the spring connection.

Good luck to all.
s.storm is offline   Reply With Quote