View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 AM   #102 (permalink)
Gee
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB M6
Gee is on a distinguished road

I had the fuel guage issue from day 1 - last LED wont light up-, but it took me a while to suss out it was a problem and not something I was doing.

Anyway, spoke w/dealer and we are going down the path of replacing the senders on Wed. I mentioned the chatter about it on these forums and he said, yes, its a recurring issue. I would assume that the dealers keep an ear open to the chatter on these forums - hell I would if I worked for Nissan facing customers or in the technical areas.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I'm really not stressing too much about it. Just hope it doesn't cause additional problems...I don't know about you guys but more often than not getting one thing 'fixed' with them poking around can cause other issues. If it doesn't fix it I am going to let it go.

Its Off topic but talking about power to weight ratios, torque and maximum kw, how many are pursuing the route of lightening things up. Lighter wheels are a start but how about ditchinbg the seats with their very heavy heating units for some good quality replacements like the usual Recaro's. Would be interested to hear what difference that makes - what 30 kilos + ?? Other things? Body replacement kits?