View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
AgStacker
Base Member

Drives: Car
AgStacker is on a distinguished road

Brake cooling ducts and under body bracing might be a bit beyond my grasp at the moment, I've only had the car a week, and in that time only looked underneath once... but badges and door sills and such are right up my alley.

I assume your talking about replacing the front and rear Nissan logo? That could definitely be done. It's all about making a blank copy of the badge, then you can engrave what ever the hell you want on it. Same goes for the sills.

I thought it would be cool to make a Datsun badge for the 370z

I found this web site
3d model Nissan badge 3ds fbx max obj by istratebogdanpeter
which sells a 3D computer model of the Nissan badge, (dont know if this is the same dimensions as the 370z badge I'm just using it as an example)

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that this model would eliminate the reverse-engineering and trial and error required to produce a copy, which makes my job a whole lot easier If anyone knows of a place where I can obtain similar models or schematic drawings of the original parts Things could get rolling a lot faster. Other wise in the case of the badges I'd have to get hold of a new set to take my dimensions from as I'm not too keen on tearing off my badges without having the replacement ones in hand. Do you know how much it costs for a new set?