View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@Z1 View Post
Very sorry to make you guys hear crickets.
The tranny is holding up good. I got reports today of the car beating a Mustang GT500 up as well as a few new camaros. The car will be coming back for more tranny cooling goodies in the near future(due to long hauls heating the fluids up). The only vid that I have is on Youtube under Z1Jon and I will try to get the dyno vid up soon.

Also the install took a couple of weeks due to some changes on the vehicle. The install was smooth and GTM has been great when it comes to shop discussions.
I don't understand how adding forced induction will affect transmission temps with extended usage unless you're hammering the car...I imagine if you're using it at a track, then you're stressing the transmission more as you're throwing more torque at it than stock, however, cruising around (say, down the highway going 65-80MPH), I can't imagine trans-temps would be any more of an issue than if someone was/wasn't using FI...unless I'm misunderstanding or just way off base?
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote