View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
AgStacker
Base Member

Drives: Car
AgStacker is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Machined Parts For Your 370Z

Just picked up a 2009 370z 6mt sport last Saturday, and I have to say this is the most exciting car I have ever owned. I can't believe how quick it is, even in the higher gears, and how hard you can push it through the curves. Anyway, I'm sure you all know how great the car is...

For the last eight years I've been working in a precision machine shop as a CNC programmer/ set-up man. During that time I've undertaken a few personal hobby projects when I had the time, and of course a worthy cause.

The Z is most defiantly a worthy cause.

I am a damned good machinist, with access to top of the line equipment and CAM software. However I lack the creative vision, and automotive knowledge base it takes to design great components.

I'm looking for some ideas of parts you guys would like to see available for the 370Z. I'm thinking more like aesthetic upgrades as opposed to performance upgrades.

Example: Replace the interior plastic door handles with billet aluminum ones that are exactly the same as the stock ones, only they match the exterior handles as far as color and feel. ( maybe this part exists already??? )

I like to work in aluminum, stainless steel, brass, copper and to a lesser extent firmer plastics. Prefer mill work, but lathes available. Electroplating and anodizing etc...available.

Check my photo album for pictures of some of the parts I've made for various industries as well as the machines at my shop.

If there's anyone on the forum with a history in CAD, design, GD&T, or just plain good ideas I'd appreciate their input.

Here's the kicker. If you help me design a part, and I actually end up making one for my car, I'll send you one for your car as fair trade for your help.