View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mergnthwirker
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW MT6 S
Mergnthwirker will become famous soon enough

How many days per year can you drive with the top down? Man, there's nothing like a convertible! If you've got the weather for it, it's great. I came out of a convertible to buy my Z coupe, and I do miss the convertible now that the weather's turning nice here in the Northeast US.

That said, I agree with the poster who said you'll have a lot better results with the twin turbo if you go for the coupe. You'll probably want to stiffen up the suspension and upgrade the brakes/clutch/transmission/LSD if you do the TT. All of these upgrades are MUCH better with a stiff framework underneath. Slap some big brakes on the convertible, and all of a sudden you start noticing the chassis squirm under hard braking. Stiffen up the suspension and all of a sudden the cowl starts shaking, and everything starts to creak and rattle in the convertible. The softer suspension in the convertible covers up a lot of the lost chassis stiffness. If you put the stiffness back in you'll suddently discover what the engineers were covering up.

Notice the frequent use of the word suddenly? In the automotive world, you don't want suddenly happening to you. If you plan performance upgrades, stick with the coupe.
Mergnthwirker is offline   Reply With Quote