View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
I dont think when I downshift, its muscle memory, clutch in, blip, release, that simple. I dont feel that I need a computer to blip the throttle for me and I think alot of people in the automotive world feel the same way. Cool feature? sure, necessary for people that have been driving manual transmissions their whole life without it? definitely not. This is why copycats havent emerged, its not imperative to have.
You don't think you can shift faster and more efficiently if you eliminate "blip" from this sequence: clutch in, blip, release?

You also don't feel the need for a computer to help you, yet computers are doing about 10000 things per second while you are driving.