View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
And the moral of the story is.....

get a pre approved loan from your bank and go in and say I have a preapproved loan for the price you showed him on the pape and say make it happen. Tell em dont worry about financing just get me this price or I walk.
I did something very similar. I got my credit score online. I looked at my bank's BEST interest rate available. That became my target. Just below invoice was my starting price for the car. I knew the term of loan I wanted. I had it all figured out. When it came time to deal, I laid it right down on the phone with my salesman, Jay. I said, "Hit these numbers, throw in a car cover and wheel locks, and I'll be down to buy it today." I had done months of research, test drove everything I wanted to try... I gave several dealers the chance to meet or better my price. I waited to the end of the month to buy, so they'd be ready to deal. I didn't play anyone's games and walked away several times. Jay was one of the few salesmen who was straight with me. The dealer even beat my interest rate by .25%.

So yeah, have your numbers ready. Or have a great loan in hand. Of course, cash is always best, but...
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote