View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
I would never use a leaf blower for the very simple reason that you are already kicking up crap and there is no filter on the back of a leaf blower. Therefor, some of that crap can get jettisoned at your paint at high speeds.
I don't know what kind of leaf blower would do that as the one I use is electric. It cost me $29 and it can't suck up anything off the ground because it never gets remotely close to the ground and it ain't no where near powerful enough. When I am drying off the bottom of the car, I am pointing the leaf blower down. The engine is at my waist level so there is no way that anything can be sucked into it. Most of the time, the unit is at my shoulder level.

I do dry my car in the garage so there is no debris on the ground to blow around either. Also, the floor is completely soaked with water so dust is the last thing I'm worried about. Outside in your driveway may create a dust issue but since you have just rinsed the car, the ground should be soaking wet too. Thus, the leaf blower is a quick and safe option.

Maybe a gas powered blower can suck up rocks but I wouldn't use one of those because the exhaust particles would be settling all over your car, as well as be spitting out the end.