View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
AC Guy
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Graphite7A
AC Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Setrab oil cooler just installed by Nissan Dealership

I just had Cherry Hill Nissan of New Jersey install the Setrab oil cooler recommended by Nissan Motorsports. The parts manager (Brian) informed me that it would take 6-8 weeks to get the kit from Nissan Motorsports in Santa Monica. I have a track date in June (2 days at Millville's Thunderbolt course). Brian knew this date was important so I emailed him the link AK had for the Setrab oil cooler kit. Brian hustled and was able to get the oil cooler and the parts to install it. He didn't get the kit from Nissan Motorsports, but was confident that he was able to get all the parts to the puzzle. The chief mechanic (Bob), who works on the GT-Rs and the occasional Z, was on-board for this job. Bob is a track enthusiast and was eager to do this. This was the first oil cooler for this dealership. I picked up my car this afternoon. Bob had attached photos so that I could see the work, and he promised to make a CD of all the photos so that I could have for record and to share.

Cost was $1268.00 before sales tax. The cooler uses an additional 2 quarts of oil. I drove home in slow moving traffic, but was able to enjoy some "spirited" driving for about 40 minutes or so. Oil temp didn't budge higher than 180. The real test will be in a few weeks when I go to the track.
AC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote