View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #602 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstrnldr View Post
i find it interesting that a Nissan engineer would refer to it as a plastic intake manifold when every technical document i have read from Nissan regarding the intake refers to it as a nylon piece. Before someone points out that nylon IS plastic, i know this, however nylon is far stronger (especially the blend used in the auto industry) than your standard piece of plastic, and Nissan seem to go out of their way to point this out.

As far as GTM going far above 4 psi on the stock intake, don't forget GReddy, and i believe AAM have as well. i haven't heard of a failure yet, and the G37's have been boosted for a couple of years now. You can also look at other non Nissan vehicles that use the same Dupont technology for intakes as well as charge piping on a variety of factory engines, including turbo diesel engines.

Basically for anyone other than bullitt, and maybe a couple other insane folks looking for that kind of HP. i'm sure the factory nylon intake will not have issues. High boost, and high hp may be a different story.

Humm......always a first.

Bay Area Z meet (every friday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZ View Post

Oh btw. My car goin to be droped to zcg today
got something wrong i guess. Smoking like hell
hopefuly not blown piston rings or something like that

no freakin cash in my poket to spend on the car anymore lol
im having decently hard time to live on now. Danm it
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote