View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom370Z View Post
I wouldn't want to make baby Jesus cry, but God forbid something happened engine wise and they do test it, I'd rather not risk it. I just didn't know if anyone else here running Redline knew or cares about the lack of rating in their warrantied cars. I did, however, notice that Royal Purple IS API cert'd with an SL rating. Isn't this an older rating? Isn't SM the newest? Why would they not have the newest rating available?
SM is current, and I think the manual specs SM or higher. The manual actually refers to several certifications - perhaps RP or Redline carry those?

In any case, I've used Mobil1 for years, and I have no reason to change. I've even sent a few to Blackstone for testing - but none for the Z yet, as the oil in it isn't old enough on it's first change (@ 1200)
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote