View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Amon
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Black AT7
Amon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackTrack View Post
For your first few events, I'd stay away from events that mix DE and competitive groups... the DE groups almost always suffer in terms of track time and attention (the instructors are often racers as well)

Sounds like you've got a great attitude going into it ... just keep an open mind about your abilities. Your first on-track experience can be humbling, but with an open mind and a goal to become a better driver, it can also be one of the most rewarding and exciting experiences as well. It's why this sport is so addictive!

I've got an event coming up in late July at the new Bluegrass Motorsports Park (Sparta, KY) that you might be interested in. PM me if you want some details (and be on the lookout for a post about it soon.)
I am actually looking to get started in this as well but have been a little confused as to where to start. I am about 3 hours out of Sparta and it's very tempting to register for this event in July since I will be off work that weekend anyway.

Are there any tips or pointers you could give someone looking to get into the sport?
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote