View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Daishi
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z 6Speed
Daishi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgirlrobin View Post
So you're saying that if a dealer shakes your hand on a price, says "let's fill out that paperwork", ushers you in to sign the paperwork, never bothers to ask you how you are going to pay for it, and then refuses to honor the price after they find out it won't be financed, that that is a perfectly ethical business practice? Don't think so.

I'm not saying that it's illegal. I'm saying it's not ethical and I'm also saying that if I were the owner of the dealership, that I would have honored the price, retrained my employees, and been content with the knowledge that you will get all of my service work for the next five to seven years.

They thought they could switch me to a higher priced car, when in reality all they did was lose all my service work and end up with somebody who is perfectly happy to tell the story to everybody they meet. How is that good business?
How did it even get to that point where you were going into the finance office to sign paperwork when the deal wasnt even complete. Its not the dealers job to read minds. I cant say i know how it all went down and it may of been a communication issue who knows but honestly you shouldnt of even let it get that far and went in to sign paperwork before you even knew what your payment was. Mistakes happen and its not even a question of ethics Your just pissed you didnt get the price you wanted at that time and had to go somewhere else. But why you would even go into an office to sign paperwork without knowing your payment and rate is beyond me. You kept on negotiating and going with the deal and negotiating price that the dealership thought you were paying cash since you didnt say anything.

Last edited by Daishi; 05-19-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Daishi is offline   Reply With Quote