View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
golfgirlrobin
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z PG A7
golfgirlrobin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
If a dealer doesnt want to take a short deal or lose money on a car thats completely up to them. If you were the owner of the dealership you probably wouldnt do it either.
So you're saying that if a dealer shakes your hand on a price, says "let's fill out that paperwork", ushers you in to sign the paperwork, never bothers to ask you how you are going to pay for it, and then refuses to honor the price after they find out it won't be financed, that that is a perfectly ethical business practice? Don't think so.

I'm not saying that it's illegal. I'm saying it's not ethical and I'm also saying that if I were the owner of the dealership, that I would have honored the price, retrained my employees, and been content with the knowledge that you will get all of my service work for the next five to seven years.

They thought they could switch me to a higher priced car, when in reality all they did was lose all my service work and end up with somebody who is perfectly happy to tell the story to everybody they meet. How is that good business?
golfgirlrobin is offline   Reply With Quote