View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
TBSS2008
Base Member

Drives: 11 Corvette GS 6spd
TBSS2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toner123 View Post
Well personally I dont think it is the break in then thats causing it because I broke mine in exactly like the book said to. It has been about 1500 miles since I had my last oil change and the oil is at the halfway between the two dots. Also I have 7400 on the OD. I bought my car last march in 09. So to me sounds like this is normal but I am going to call my dealership and ask them if nissan put out a message about this and if he had any cars coming up there saying the same thing. This is going to be a long shot but is it possible that since our cars have such high oil temps that its breaking down the adatives in the oil and burning them. Like I said don't flame me on that was just wondering. I am also using the Ester oil from nissan just fyi.

Frank
I sheepishly admit this is probably the first car I have ever watched for oil consumption. I have owned several cars in my life and could not tell you if any of those cars consumed oil, I just made sure I got the oil changed every 3-4k.

But after joining this forum I became more aware of oil consumption. Maybe it is the high oil temps I’m not sure. As long as it does not get any worse I can live with 1qt every 3k. I drive a lot and want this car to last 200k which would be about 8-9 yrs of ownership for me.

2009 370Z Black 7AT Touring Sport (TRADED)
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote