View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
MeetJoeAsian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350Z to G35c to 370Z
MeetJoeAsian is on a distinguished road
Default New shoes for my OEM 19's: Bridgestone RE760 Sport

So I've been looking for replacement tires to the Bridgestone RE050A for awhile...been looking for something that can give me good performance and decent tire life that won't cost an arm and a leg like the OEM's...talked to a buddy of mine who is a manager at Firestone, and he suggested I look into the RE760 Sport...he said they are better than the RE050A but quite a bit less...he was telling me about the new sidewall technology in the tire, and how it is actually stronger and stiffer than the RE050A, and corners better, and also has better traction in dry AND WET condition...I was skeptical cuz the price was significantly less than the RE050A's I was going to buy again...

well..I did my research and it seems everyone who replaced with the RE760 Sports all agreed that they are noticeably quieter...So, I asked my buddy what gives...he said the RE050 series are very popular tires on a lot of high dollar cars...it goes with the territory, you pay more for OEMs...and he said the RE760 are still fairly new and Bridgestone is trying to get the name out....whatever it is, I paid $799.49 total (including tax) for two 275/35/19's and two 245/40/19's...most tire dealers and websites have them priced between $210-$260...good price regardless when compared to the RE050, considering you're getting better performance, quieter ride, and better traction...and the tread design is sick..hahaha....I was just gonna replace the rear set, but I thought what the heck, do all four so I can really see how much better this model is...and write a review for the370z.com...hahaha

I just had mine put on today, I will write a review after I log about 1000 miles...so, ummm, in 2-4 weeks....

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 05-18-2010 at 08:11 PM.
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote