Thread: Do I want PAOs?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
gumpy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z white manual
gumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom370Z View Post
I hate to be that guy, but reading the other oil threads on this site doesn't really answer any questions. I'm looking for a full syn oil. I hate how everywhere I seem to look, there is a website pushing Amsoil like its f***ing Amway or some pyramid scheme. Its enough to make me not buy it. I've been a fan of Mobil 1 but if Amsoil is truly better, is it worth it? I've read that Mobil 1 is now fully PAO synthetic, therefore, it should be on par with Amsoil these days right?

Ive come to the conclusion that the Nissan Ester oil may good for noise reduction, but if this engine is built with certain clearances and noise is a byproduct, then so be it. The Ester is simply a creature comfort thing. Therefore I want a full syn. I'm just making sure that these two oils are the two full syn oils to pick from correct? RP and redline are ester based, and I'd prefer the longer drain interval.

I've also been reading nothing but great things about German Castrol. Anyone using it? Also, I live in LA (it can get kinda hot), would I have issues with a 0w-30? I get pretty confused with that stuff. When the engine is cold the oil should thicken anyway right? So why would the winter rating matter to anyone not in the arctic?

thanks!
Get a fully syn with ester in it... like Motul 300v and you've got all your bases covered.

People here use Redline, the stuff is just too expensive for me but yeah... I use Royal Purple but may consider Motul 300V next
gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote