View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
abakja1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: STI, MDX, Titan
abakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailsafePerf View Post
We just installed the GTM Competition oil cooler, and it does an excellent job at keeping engine oil temps in check. We made our own lines, only because GTM didn't have them in stock at the time and we needed the kit asap. If you don't see the road course too often, you could go with the standard oil cooler kit, which uses a smaller core.

Here's a pic of the Competition kit.

With all the hoses blowing off socketless AN ends, looking at the picture is a no-no isnt it...They say not to use clamps on the ends..
It makes sense to me to ensure them not coming off as I was going to do the same thing, but all the threads say not to do it on those that had them come loose.

Since then I had fitted ends put on hoses, but as of yet not installed it until more positive reviews come out of it...I just did my first oil change ast 1500 miles (1800 now) and still pending...no rush for me if it'l be compared to a busted engine..