View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
g8rh8r1
Base Member

Drives: 2010 NISMO Z #217 PW
g8rh8r1 is on a distinguished road

Not eliminate, I think maybe you think I hate them or something, not the case. Their job is important, but some, not all, but some state and local governments over-use them to increase revenue. An example: 28 mile "construction" zone on I-95 in Whitfiled and Glynn county GA, been there since Nov 2005. Drove through there last week and there was only maybe a quarter mile of legit construction, the rest of the stretch is untouched save the orange barrels for 27.75 miles rigorously controlled by sherrif/state patrol/city police. I counted 17 cops on that stretch, every last one had someone pulled over. Minimum fine is $100. I'm just saying it's a crappy way for local governments to increase revenue is all.

Besides, if you have to hide behind a bush/sign/whatever, then you're doing something shady. If you want me to believe that you are there for the common good and "safety" for the folks on the road, then sit right out in the open. If you have to hide and play the "gotcha game", then it's hard for me to believe you are doing anything but increasing revenue for your town.
g8rh8r1 is offline   Reply With Quote