View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Let's take a difference approach...have you ever owned a roadster? The reason I ask is you can always tell a first-time roadster owner as they are ones that look like lobsters after their first day of driving in the sun with a high UV index; they quickly learn when the appropriate time is to take the top down.

Is this a daily driver?

You mentioned you want creature comforts. The NISMO is not about creature comfort and will drive and be owned accordingly—much less forgiving than the roadster.

I have owned several roadsters, and I did enjoy them, but there are caveats to roadster ownership that retractable hardtops answer. The biggest issue is ragtop maintenance and most owners never take care of them properly, and to do so means extra work when you detail your Z. When ragtop replacement time comes, it is not inexpensive. There have yet to be any reviews referencing the interior noise or wind buffeting when the top is down; this is not a minor issue if noise or wind is unacceptable at certain mph (like 65-mph).