View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
modme
Enthusiast Member

Drives: G37
modme will become famous soon enoughmodme will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toner123 View Post
Well I must say to OP awsome job. I just purchased a stage 2 TT for my 370z from GTM (SAM). Me and my buddy plan on installing it soon as it arrives. At first I was a little worried and kind of over whelmed but knowing that others are doing it then I feel better that i can do it. I told SAM that me and my buddy plan on installing it and he didn't freak out so that tells me he has confidence in his instructions. We already planed it out and we are going to follow the instructions and take are time to do it right so we don't have to do it again. My main concern is drilling and taping, would be cool if they would have made something that hooks up to the train plug that way you didn't have to mod the OEM style but there the experts at this, and I am going to try and be the parts installer. As from what I am hearing about these kits they are money well spent and they show that alot of time was put into the development of them so I am happy that i bought it. I will make a new post and let everyone know how the build went and I will make sure to note where i had issues and the time it took to do it that way i can share with others that might go this route.

Just a fyi so far with talking to SAM and others at GTM I couldn't be happier there customer service is frigging awsome. Also i never really put thought into the oil cooler part and the few post i have read with people that had this none reported of having high oil temps so I might call SAM on this and see what he thinks. I would imagine that if the car needed it, he would have added it to the kit and marked the price up a tad on the kit.

Once again OP GREAT JOB and a ton of thanks for the confidence

Frank

Cool, let us know how it goes. There are a couple things that are tricky. Steering will have play if you dont install the coupler correctly. Tapping the oil pan is very critical. If you dont tap at the right points, you will burn oil. Dont follow the directions, get updated pics from Sam. I would recommend the oil cooler, as Sam has recommended in past. The turbos will increase the already high oil temps of our VQ37VHRs. It is something you can do relatively cheaply to ensure the longevity of your engine.

Last edited by modme; 05-18-2010 at 12:52 AM.
modme is offline   Reply With Quote