View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
memorylasts
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Cars...
memorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura about
Default So I ordered the car...and got some ?'s

It is currently sitting in port waiting for the invoice sheet(been there since last Monday) . Well anyways i requested that the dealer not do a detail or anything in terms of touching the paint, now the car is pearl white, and i think i am making the right choice in doing this. I hope this will prevent any damage to the paint coming from the dealer, the only think i am nervous about is the fact that there could be a massive miss match between bumpers/side skirts and the body of the vehicle. I also requested they do not drill holes in the front of the car for a front plate just [putting that out there so i dont get asked about it.

so

1. Am i making the right call, as I am super anal about any vehicles appearence, and i have never owned a Nissan before so I havnt worked with the paint. Assuming it will be similar maybe thinner then the german tank paint they throw on Audi's and VW's.

- I was planning a full wash, clay and 3 stage Mothers Wax (any other suggestions that better suit Nissan paint?) then clear bra...

2. slightly off topic but how long does it take to get the paperwork together for a car to sell it? What i ordered was already being built just for regular sale for another one of the same companies dealerships, and the dealership i am going through grabbed the car... I am curious if there was travel damage to the vehicle and thats why he is telling me that they are waiting on the invoice for the car so i am a little lost?

Last edited by memorylasts; 05-17-2010 at 05:56 PM.
memorylasts is offline   Reply With Quote