View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
miguez
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '04 Cavalier
miguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond reputemiguez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
Dammit - the only thing I want is the seam welding. I don't like the nose or the wing - and I can buy the chassis bracing and exhaust - but seam welding at the factory - that's going to make me jealous if I just buy the Sport.

Urgh. What to do... (was planning on buying in May).
As someone else in this thread noted, the Nismo 370Z does not have seam welding, which the Nismo 350Z did. That being said, here's what the Edmunds article listed earlier in this thread says:

"Underneath its showy aero bits, the 2009 Nismo 370Z is a pretty hard-core machine. It's not seam-welded like the 350Z Nismo, but its chassis has been stiffened to the point that mass dampers have been fitted to control vibration.

The Nismo Z gets hollow antiroll bars, so they're lighter than the ones on the regular 370Z. The front bar is just 15 percent stiffer, but the rear antiroll bar is 50 percent stiffer, so the Nismo 370Z should turn in so quick, it'll seem it all happened yesterday already. The front strut tower brace is stiffer, too.

The damping on the Nismo 370Z is much more aggressive, too, with 40 percent firmer dampers up front and a huge 140 percent increase in the back. Roll stiffness is up 15 percent, too. So, yeah, you're going to notice something's up as soon as you get into the Nismo Z.

Spring rates are 15 percent higher than the regular 370Z in front and 10 percent higher in the rear. We're cautiously hopeful the ride won't be as harsh as on the Nismo 350Z, but aren't about to place any bets. The Nismo has the same 13.7:1 steering ratio as ordinary 370Z coupes, while its brakes are identical to those of the Sport-package 370Z, featuring 14.0-by-1.3-inch front discs and four-piston fixed aluminum calipers and 13.8-by-0.8-inch rear discs and two-piston fixed calipers.

To get that 350-hp rating, Nissan revised the ECM tuning of the VQ37VHR engine and fitted a less restrictive exhaust. The exhaust pipes are laid out in an H configuration for the Nismo 370Z instead of the Y-pipe on the regular Z, and have, of course, been tuned to deliver a deeper sound.

The 350 hp peaks at 7,400 rpm versus 332 at 7,000 rpm in the normal Z. Redline remains 7,500 rpm, though, so you'll really have to work to use that extra power. Torque edges up 6 pound-feet to 276 lb-ft at the same 5,200-rpm threshold
."

Should be fun .
miguez is offline   Reply With Quote